Archive for the ‘weekly round-up’ Category
Here’s our weekly digest of cool stuff from the web. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
- Give this list to your foremen.
- “The complement to the brilliant strategy is the thankless work of lower-leverage detail.“
- A guide to commercial property leasing practices from CBRE.
- An update on trends in outdoor furniture.
- Awesome vertical gardens.
- Above: Linkedin now lets companies use targeted status updates. (via @chris_heiler)
Here’s our round-up for the week.
- How some firms game Yelp reviews.
- 10 largest green roofs worldwide. See also: Our 2011 Green Roof Guide.
- Economic power of top U.S. cities, 1978 to now.
- Learn how to tumblr from Mr. Tumblr himself. Related: Bates Nursery is killing it on Tumblr.
- Above: Living wall installation at the Plaza Hotel in New York. (via @PIAgrows)
We’ve been a bit lax the past couple of weeks, so here’s an extra-long weekly round-up for your weekend reading pleasure. Stay cool out there!
- Can’t catch rainwater? Try these tips. (via @waterguru2)
- Why you should hire introverts.
- Chris Heiler has a few suggestions on how to get free PR.
- Advertisers and consumers are getting tired of QR codes. Related.
- How to use elephants to control weeds.
- Learn how to talk to tree guys.
- Brad Johnson on planting weeds for healthy turf.
- Also: Brad’s book is in stores now.
- ASLA releases a guide to designing sustainable sites.
- Above: Why trees are important.
Here’s our round-up of cool stuff from the web. Check it out and have a great weekend. (And call your dad!)
Here’s our weekly digest of cool stuff we found online. Enjoy!
- New invasive plant database for the Midwest.
- Get a taste of Giverny in NYC.
- A new perspective on worker injuries. (via @ValleyCrest)
- Plants that smell you.
- Phoenix housing market rises like a … well.
- Above: Denver-based Swingle Lawn & Tree Care does a great job of producing how-to videos for its customers.
Here’s our weekly collection of fun and educational stuff from the web. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
- It’s official – warmest spring on record.
- 5 great summer water movies.
- Canada’s pesticide ban means Toronto’s parks ‘going to seed.’
- New research on small business from Bank of America.
- Why you should drink more coffee.
- Above: Manufacturers focus on faster mowers for pros and homeowners alike. (via @OPEInstitute)
Here’s our weekly collection of stuff you should know about. Enjoy, and have a great three-day weekend.
Here’s our latest digest of educational, informative and interesting stories from the web. Enjoy!
- How colors make us buy.
- 2011 foreclosures at lowest rate since 2007.
- Don’t just work harder. Work harder on the right things.
- The Oracle of Omaha could (but probably won’t) buy John Deere.
- Leadership lessons from Genghis Khan.
- Write better press releases.
- Above: Marshall Horsman, technical manager for Harrell’s, on how to best fertilize palms.
Here’s our weekly digest of interesting stuff from the internet. Have a great weekend. (And call your mom.)
Here’s our weekly collection of fun stuff from the internet. Enjoy!
- The longest-serving employee at the Morton Arboretum also lives there. (via @ChicagoTreeMD)
- Rutgers launches rain barrels designed by local artists.
- Roanne Miller on why local green industry businesses are better for their communities.
- A great round-up of landscaper-friendly apps from @JShilan.
- Eye candy: 55 photos of Frank Mariani’s personal gardens.
- Above: A new video from the ASLA on how urban agriculture can be adapted to small spaces in cities.