Some very cool stuff this week: New research examines the health benefits of green space, a big western city is raising water rates because people are saving too much water and Pittsburgh reinvents itself from a black smudge of steel factories to a champion of sustainability. There’s hope for us all.
See you next week.
- ASLA Guide to Washington’s great landscapes was nominated for a Webby. Vote here.
- Portland is raising its water rates to keep pace with lagging demand.
- The outside Rx.
- Related: New study further shows health benefits of green space.
- 6 of the coolest trees in America.
- How to choose a board for your business.
- Above: Pittsburgh’s Phipps Conservatory opens the Center for Sustainable Landscapes at the “greenest building on Earth.”