Archive for the ‘California’ tag
Here’s a collection of some of our favorite stuff from the web this week. Enjoy!
- TruGreen and Terminix add jobs in Dallas, Atlanta.
- Should you buy your own building? Depends on your market.
- Some California businesses are turning parking spaces into parks.
- A new speakers bureau started just for the green industry.
- Alan Burke has a great post on the ancient meanings of many popular landscape plants.
- Take a tour of the green roof at ASLA headquarters in Washington.
- Above: Wear your sunscreen – a cautionary tale. (via)
Glendale, Calif., is telling its residents, sorry, but the artificial turf must go. The city has banned fake grass in the front yard over concerns about potential environmental hazards, such as lead leaching out of the plastic and into the soil and heat island effect.
In recent months, we’ve heard from contractors in Houston and Boston who have said artificial turf is becoming more popular. It will be interesting to see if the trend reverses in years to come.