Archive for the ‘design/build’ tag
Here’s our digest of cool stuff that will make you smarter. Enjoy your reading, and we’ll see you Monday.
- A great guide to designing outdoor rooms. (via @belgard)
- The latest research on equipment theft in America.
- The man behind Pinterest.
- ASLA has released a beautiful interactive guide to D.C. parks.
- What West Nile is doing to people in Texas.
- Science has confirmed: Summer was hot.
- Above: 60 years of American economic history in one graph.
Phew, two weeks later and I’m almost caught up from a two-day stay in Spain. The Manitou Group (they own the brands Gehl and Mustang) flew customers, dealers and select media (of course L&L was there) to Spain to give an update on what was going on with the company. You can read more about it here.
But the trip got me thinking. I’m sure the company spent a lot of money on this event. Sure, it’s a way to promote some of the things they’re doing, but it also showed the customers they appreciate their business. While most contractors can’t afford to fly customers on a vacation getaway, there are little things you can do. Gift cards, discounts and even a free mow or application are great ways to show customer appreciation. And if you can afford flying customers to a exotic location, go for it (and invite the media…actually just invite us.)