Archive for the ‘email’ tag
Here’s our weekly collection of interesting stuff from the web. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
- A coast-to-coast tour of America’s greatest landscapes by a newly minted LA grad.
- 35 graphs that show how your spending habits change as you age.
- A tiny arboretum of unsung plants.
- Four questions to ask yourself this winter.
- How plants can detect bombs. (via @BatesNursery)
- IA Confidential, the latest installment from the video team at the Miami-Dade County Extension office. (via Martha Golea)
- The science of email subject lines explained.
- Above: The best video of a weed-fighting superhero that you’ll see today.
Jason Cupp shares an (all-too-familiar) example of email marketing gone wrong.
Recently, a friend forwarded me an e-newsletter from someone in the landscape industry. I’ll admit it – it was one of the most poorly written, borderline offensive, anti-brand, culture ripping emails I’ve read in a long time. I was really embarrassed for this company – which is why my friend sent it to me.
Technology makes it easy to set up and blast out e-newsletters, but that low barrier to entry can backfire.
Check out Cupp’s blog to see how.
Here’s our digest of fun, interesting and important links from the week. Dig in and enjoy!
- SoCal water fight heats up.
- Plans underway to create world’s largest online plant database.
- Many small businesses are avoiding loans. (via @genemarks)
- Top green building trends for 2012. (via @ValleyCrest)
- An oldie but a goodie: Email checklist.
- Above: Mark Ciccarelli from the Neave Group and his famous bourbon bacon chicken wings. (via @chris_heiler)