Archive for the ‘equipment’ tag
Here’s our digest of cool stuff that will make you smarter. Enjoy your reading, and we’ll see you Monday.
- A great guide to designing outdoor rooms. (via @belgard)
- The latest research on equipment theft in America.
- The man behind Pinterest.
- ASLA has released a beautiful interactive guide to D.C. parks.
- What West Nile is doing to people in Texas.
- Science has confirmed: Summer was hot.
- Above: 60 years of American economic history in one graph.
Here’s our weekly collection of cool stuff. This one’s got Fibonacci in it!
This one comes from L&L columnist Mary Grunder, who gives us an inside peek at how his maintenance team operates in the winter months.
At the end of the year, his fleet and facilities manager, Joe Spatz, sends out an email to the company, asking after their trucks, equipment and tools. At Grunder Landscaping, Joe is responsible for 27 vehicles, 21 trailers and 150 individual pieces of equipment.
Every December, he wants to know what needs to be repaired or replaced during the winter, so everyone can operate efficiently out of the gate come spring.
“This is a small thing we do, but it’s thinking like this that helps us improve,” Marty says. “And when you can get your people to do this (I had nothing to do with this), you are on the right track.”
You can download Joe’s form here.