Archive for the ‘Harrell’s’ tag
Here’s our round-up of cool stuff from the web. Check it out and have a great weekend. (And call your dad!)
This one is courtesy of Jack Harrell, owner and president of the eponymous chemical distributor. He’s the subject of our June Q&A, where he talks about the company’s push to the national stage. Here, he explains how he’s grown the business over the past 30 years.
We’re still family-owned and pretty nimble. We can jump on opportunities pretty quickly. The second thing is that if you don’t grow, you plateau. I’m always looking for ways to grow our company, but do it on the top line, the bottom line … the whole nine yards. But we don’t want to get too far afield of what we do best. Boring is beautiful.
Keep your eyes open for the June issue hitting mailboxes soon.
Here’s our latest digest of educational, informative and interesting stories from the web. Enjoy!
- How colors make us buy.
- 2011 foreclosures at lowest rate since 2007.
- Don’t just work harder. Work harder on the right things.
- The Oracle of Omaha could (but probably won’t) buy John Deere.
- Leadership lessons from Genghis Khan.
- Write better press releases.
- Above: Marshall Horsman, technical manager for Harrell’s, on how to best fertilize palms.