Archive for the ‘labor’ tag
So much good stuff this week, it was hard to pick. But I have to say my favorite is the above video, which illustrates exactly how an engineer’s mind differs from the rest of ours. What would happen if we took that racing bike and put it inside that riding mower? To the shop!
- Another reason to fear ants: They’ve formed a colony as big as the world and (Eds: will likely soon) become self aware.
- Eye candy: The insides of golf balls.
- L.A. expands turf buy-back program.
- Do you have a Bobby?
- For the designers: Very cool moveable fractal garden.
- Above: Are crash helmets and road rash guards part of your crew uniforms yet?
Here’s our collection of interesting things we found on the internet this week. Enjoy, and have a great weekend.
- A visual guide to American employee tenure.
- Demand for water will outstrip supply by 2030. (via @H2Otrends)
- 40 things to say before you die. (via @joecalloway)
- Long read: Flowers in the psych ward.
- New report: Home prices up in many markets.
- Where do multimillionaires live?
- Above: 9 things you can do to stay in the black this year.