Archive for the ‘LEED’ tag
Here’s our weekly digest of fun links from around the web. Hope you like them!
- An edible urban forest is planned for Seattle.
- You can help shape the next version of LEED. (via @waterguru2)
- Nearly half of Americans now own smartphones. More than 60% of people with household income of more than $75,000 do.
- On sick days and dedication. (via @martygrunder)
- A new app to track your water footprint.
- Woman smoking meth burns down Florida’s oldest tree.
- Above: A record player that makes music from trees.
Per the release: The District of Columbia leads the nation, with 25 square feet of LEED-certified space per person in 2010, with Nevada being the leading state, with 10.92 square feet per person in 2010. Other top states include New Mexico and New Hampshire and Oregon with more than 6 and 4 square feet of LEED-certified space per person, respectively.
The top LEED states per capita, including the District of Columbia, are:
- District of Columbia: 25.15 sf
- Nevada: 10.92 sf
- New Mexico: 6.35 sf
- New Hampshire: 4.49 sf
- Oregon: 4.07 sf
- South Carolina: 3.19 sf
- Washington: 3.16 sf
- Illinois: 3.09 sf
- Arkansas: 2.9 sf
- Colorado: 2.85 sf
- Minnesota: 2.77 sf