Archive for the ‘Martha Golea’ tag
Today’s daily does of depressing water news comes from Businessweek, which gives us an overview of the world’s access (or lack of access) to water.
BW, by way of the International Water Management Institute, reports that:
Over one-fifth of the world’s population goes thirsty due to economic water scarcity, in which pollution, inadequate infrastructure and poverty conspire to keep them dry – even as their basins overflow.
Here’s our weekly collection of interesting stuff from the web. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
- A coast-to-coast tour of America’s greatest landscapes by a newly minted LA grad.
- 35 graphs that show how your spending habits change as you age.
- A tiny arboretum of unsung plants.
- Four questions to ask yourself this winter.
- How plants can detect bombs. (via @BatesNursery)
- IA Confidential, the latest installment from the video team at the Miami-Dade County Extension office. (via Martha Golea)
- The science of email subject lines explained.
- Above: The best video of a weed-fighting superhero that you’ll see today.