Archive for the ‘mowers’ tag
I had the chance to visit John Deere’s Turf Care Factory in Raleigh N.C. as part of customer fly-ins the company does. And I learned a lot about the products and had a chance to meet landscapers and talk with them about the industry. But it was one little sign that really caught my attention. You can read the sign for yourself in the above photo.
Now, I don’t recall John Deere being especially preachy or over the top when it comes to being green, but I thought it was great that a company that makes products for the green industry is trying to be green in as many ways as possible. And if that means asking people to use revolving doors, then that’s a request you should take into account. Besides, why do you have to ASK people to use revolving doors. They are some of my favorite doors to walk through.
Here’s our weekly collection of fun and educational stuff from the web. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
- It’s official – warmest spring on record.
- 5 great summer water movies.
- Canada’s pesticide ban means Toronto’s parks ‘going to seed.’
- New research on small business from Bank of America.
- Why you should drink more coffee.
- Above: Manufacturers focus on faster mowers for pros and homeowners alike. (via @OPEInstitute)