Archive for the ‘success’ tag
Here’s our digest of the most interesting stuff for your weekend reading pleasure. Enjoy!
- New research on how plants grow. (via @BatesNursery)
- Success can mean lying to yourself.
- New PLANET safety training you should check out.
- How much we make and what we spend it on.
- Why entrepreneurs (and other creative types) like to hang out together.
- Above: Roger Phelps on how a set of chaps saved his life.
This one is courtesy of Jack Harrell, owner and president of the eponymous chemical distributor. He’s the subject of our June Q&A, where he talks about the company’s push to the national stage. Here, he explains how he’s grown the business over the past 30 years.
We’re still family-owned and pretty nimble. We can jump on opportunities pretty quickly. The second thing is that if you don’t grow, you plateau. I’m always looking for ways to grow our company, but do it on the top line, the bottom line … the whole nine yards. But we don’t want to get too far afield of what we do best. Boring is beautiful.
Keep your eyes open for the June issue hitting mailboxes soon.