Archive for the ‘Weed Man’ tag
Here’s our weekly collection of interesting stuff from the web. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
- A coast-to-coast tour of America’s greatest landscapes by a newly minted LA grad.
- 35 graphs that show how your spending habits change as you age.
- A tiny arboretum of unsung plants.
- Four questions to ask yourself this winter.
- How plants can detect bombs. (via @BatesNursery)
- IA Confidential, the latest installment from the video team at the Miami-Dade County Extension office. (via Martha Golea)
- The science of email subject lines explained.
- Above: The best video of a weed-fighting superhero that you’ll see today.
Monica Abington runs a Weed Man franchise in Arkansas. Just before Christmas in 2010, already saddled with the hard work of running a small business and raising four kids on her own, she started to get headaches and wasn't sleeping well.
I apparently was having seizures at night. I'm here alone, so I wasn't aware of that. I had taken my nanny, who at that time was almost full-time in the house, and the kids on a business trip. So we were all in a hotel room, and she said I began to cough and different things. The following morning I woke up to her sitting on the side of my bed, and she said, "Are you okay?"
Of course, you don't remember, so I was waking up every day going, "Wow, I really don't feel that good, but there's a lot of stress. I'm by myself, and I have these kids, and I'm running the company," you know, kind of chalk it up to what anybody would.
You would never go, "I have a brain tumor."
You can read Monica's full story in our April issue, which will be arriving soon.