Archive for the ‘Woody Guthrie’ tag
Here’s our digest of fun and interesting stuff from the web for this short, post-New Year’s week. Have a great weekend!
- Year-end check-up for your company.
- Related: Resolutions of Marilyn Monroe, Woody Guthrie.
- It’s official: 2012 was the warmest year on record since 1895.
- Bring focus to your landscape design.
- Frost flowers.
- Fail more and fail better.
- Above: Marketing isn’t magic.
Editor’s note: The L&L team will be out today through next Monday for the holidays. So, we’ve compiled a (mostly) Christmas-themed round-up for you. Enjoy!
- Jeff Korhan on why you should write every day, and how Stephen King can help.
- Davey launches a new mobile app to calculate the value of trees on a property.
- Woody Guthrie’s list of New Year’s rulin’s. (See related here and here.)
- Thanks to the crushing Texas drought, a mistletoe shortage threatens a loveable (if somewhat creepy) Christmas tradition.
- The year in photos from National Geographic.
- Seth Godin: “No one ever bought anything in an elevator.”
- When was the last time you saw a robotic chainsaw reindeer? That’s what I thought. (via @VoiceOfTreeCare and @husqvarnausa)
Above: Image via the wonderful Jessica Hagy’s Indexed.